Monday, December 7, 2009

How are we doing?

I wanted to start an online discussion on how the classes are going and maybe provide some best practices for the new teachers in NFTE this year. Although this is a competition we still cannot lose sight of the goal that we have as educators. No matter who wins the competition we all win when we are collaborative in our efforts to teach this curriculum. Take a moment to discuss any problems you may be experiencing, offer some constructive criticism or provide best practices among each other. I look forward to your postings.

Sincerely,

Verles Page

1 comment:

  1. One of the more interesting things that I have done in my class this year is using polleverywhere.com. Students have been successful in reaching a more diverse group of people to assist them in their decision making process concerning their business. Also, by using Moodle to create a hybrid class allows for students to access my NFTE class 24/7. I am very proud of the progress and initative that students are taking in working on weekends and during vacation time to get work in or ask questions about things they do not understand.
    This week I have been focusing on marketing and I took the Hershey Market Research Activity and put a little twist on it. I purchased 4 of the large hershey bars, removed the outer label, turned it inside out so it was all white and then had the students design the label. When they finished they presented a small commercial explaining the features and benefits of this candy bar. We had a lot of fun with this project and they made some really good candy bars. I think they actually had more fun trying to figure out who did the most work and who will get the biggest piece when they were finished. lol.

    ReplyDelete